The Hyde Group has selected Coombs under its £2billion main contractor framework following an OJEU compliant procurement process.
Coombs have been selected as one of the region’s top contractors for projects in Kent (£5m – £10m), ranking second out of 21 bids received for this lot.
The scope of works will differ under each contract, but the programme primarily covers construction works for new build residential with the possibility of some ancillary retail and commercial development. Hyde is one of the largest housing associations in England, owning or managing circa 50,000 homes in London, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, the East of England and East Midlands.
Stephen McMorris, Director of Development and Sales at Hyde said: “I am delighted that we have launched this main contractor framework which is also open to all other public sector organisations.
“We went through a stringent process of appointing partners who have each demonstrated a commitment to providing quality services, delivering value for money and working collaboratively. We look forward to working more closely with Coombs and our other partners who will help us achieve our ambition of building as many homes as we can across London and the south east.”
Hyde’s framework provides a number of main benefits for public sector organisations including:
- Access to the framework is quick and easy
- Ability to directly select contractors to negotiate as well as conduct mini competitions
- Working with contractors that have demonstrated value for money
- Commitment to collaborative working to achieve innovation, greater efficiency and reduced waste
- Working with contractors that have demonstrated exceptional aftercare, including defects management and customer service
- Commitment to building quality homes and excellent service delivery.